Saturday, June 19, 2010

Help!!! I need a Weave 101 session immediately.?

I'm going to the Essence Festival in N.O. and I want to look good, I mean REAL good but I need some help. I wanted to try a weave to switch it up. I've had one before, I used Sassy Human Hair Weave (1 bag) from Sally's Beauty Supply and my stylist did it but I wasn't satisified b/c it looked like I needed more weave. So, ladies who have experience with weave please help me out.



1. Can I perm my hair and get a weave in the same day?



2. Does it matter how my hair is braided under the weave?



3. Should I get human or synthetic hair? (I'm going to be swimming and I also want something that's gonna look real.)



4. I have thick, coarse hair. How many bags of weave will I need? and How many pieces of track will she have to place on each braid?



5. What length should I get? (I want it to be longer than my hair



(wh/ is shoulder length) but I don't want it down to my behind.)



****Most importantly, what is the best brand of weave (that I can purchase from a store)?****



Thank You.



Help!!! I need a Weave 101 session immediately.?

I know about a weave so to answer your questions...



1. Yes you can perm your hair the day you get a weave. I usually perm my hair the day before.



2. It does matter how you have your hair braided under the weave. This is important because you want the hair to lay and look naturally and if you don't have it braided well, then you will have a lumpy-head. Your stylist should be able to tell what would be best for your head. I personally like when the cornrows have been braided horizontally as opposed to vertically.



3. You MOST Def need to get human hair. Synthetic hair will get tangled after a day or two and you can not curl it. And it will end up looking like a wet dog after swimming.



4. If you have thick hair, you need two bags. (I have thick hair and I usually use most of the second bag but not all of it when getting a full head weave). You really shouldn't put multiple tracks on a braid.



5. I suggest getting 14" hair because it's not too long but not short. But if you are planning to have your stylist cut your hair into a style then get 16" or maybe 18".



If you are looking for affordable human hair that will last about a month then get Urban Beauty. If you are looking for something that will last a little longer and is a little nicer try Black Diamond. And if you are trying to get the real good stuff then get Goddess or Bohyme. And since you have thick, coarse hair make sure to get YAKI because it will look more natural with your real hair.



Good luck.



Help!!! I need a Weave 101 session immediately.?

Girl help has arrived!!!



yes you can relax and weave the same day



It should not matter how the hair is braided for the sew in if your stylist knows what he/she is doing.



Get human hair if you want the maintenance and styling versatility, Synthetic if you dont want the maintenance and if it is curly/wavy hair it will retain the curl pattern.



You will need two bags of hair at 14 inches for both or if you want it layered one a 12 and the other 14.



MOST IMPORTANTLY...stop buying the hair from Sally's that hair is crappy and very damaged with split ends. Try outre-new premium yaky in the purple pack.



Help!!! I need a Weave 101 session immediately.?

Hi there! I have been doing extensions for several years.



1. Yes you can but realize that your hair is gonna be week and your scalp kinda tender...



2. Yes. The braid has to "match" the way the flow of the weave is going. For example: if you do a braid that is around the head in a circular motion, then put the inside of the tract on the inside of the braid, the hair will lay flat in that area. If you put the tract on the outside of the braid, then you will have a slight "bump" which can be good for body or fullness.



3. Human hair is more expensive but better for swimming and heat. Sometimes depending on your hair grade, synthetic can look better, but it is not as manageable for wet and wavy looks.



BTW try wet and wavy hair...



4. This also depends on the style you want. Normally, 4 or 5 bags for braids. and it also depends on how thick you want the locks to be...



5. Just depends on how long you want your hair to be. The sky is the limit there...



Try 18 inches for tract hair, and loose braid hair comes WAYYYYYY long anyhow. You can cut it easily to wherever you want.



Try YAKI hair. It is better for those of us who have more course hair..



Happy Braiding! Have fun on your trip!



Help!!! I need a Weave 101 session immediately.?

1. yes. one time i permed my hair then put weave in the next day. Nothing bad happened.



2. yes, because no one wants lumpy braids under the weave. it doesn't look good. Small braids would be good.



3. Go with the human hair. it may cost more, but at least if you get it wet, you can blow dry it, unlike the synthetic.



4. 1-1/2 or two packs. depends.



5. get 14 inches. its a decent length.



*milkyway,sentational,outre are good.



Help!!! I need a Weave 101 session immediately.?

I have been licensed for 5 years and specialize in weave. These are the answers to your questions:



When you are getting a weave you have to consider the activities in your schedule. By you knowing you are going to swim on your vacation, trust me, get braids! Depending on the braids you get it does matter what type of hair (micros human hair, cornrows either, etc). If you get any other method of weaving, after swimming you will deal with the torture of detangling your hair (and not all weave can be saved from that..you will have to take it out). Also, DO NOT GET A FRESH RELAXER BEFORE YOUR VACATION! You are going swimming, your relaxer should not be under 2 1/2 weeks old. If fresh you will strip the relaxer from your hair and can possibly cause breakage. Now with future references for weaving:



The best and most healthy technique for your hair is sewing. When its time to take out, you dont have to worry about pulling glue from your hair which if not taking out properly, causes breakage or patches of hair to come out from your scalp. With sewing, all that has to be done is cutting the thread, no harm there (but dont do it yourself have a stylist or someone else who can see the thread to take it out for you). HOWEVER, get someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to that method. Get references and if styist has photos of his/her work, ask to see them. If the braids are not done properly, your weave will look a complete mess! If getting the sewing method, you can relax your hair the same day (even though I recommend doing it a few days before because of how your hair is so limp after just getting one). If glued, wait at least a week.



As far as how many bags, depend on the length of the weave. The longer it is, the more its stretch out (unless you get a more expensive weave which usually runs in the range of $200-300. Usually it takes 2 to 2 1/2, but ask the stylist because she is the one who actually see the thickness of your hair. If the weave if done correctly and depending on the style you get, it dont matter how long the hair is because your hair is braided under it. Again ask your stylist for that suggestion.



Remember: Dont focus on who is cheaper, focus on who is going to do it right. I cant tell you how many time people came back to me after going to someone who was charging a cheaper rate. Remember you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover